Over the years we have heard many dating stories. We thought it was time to put a little list together of things NOT to say. If its date number 1 or you’ve been casually hooking up for months; spare yourself the embarrassment PLEASE. Wait until he’s in love with you before you start dropping these bombs.
1. I told my therapist about you — Issues party of 1 your table is ready. We’ve all seen a third-party to help us but keep this to yourself. It’s meant to be private.
2. My ex… — STOP RIGHT THERE. Next…
3. When we’re married/have kids — until this is something you’ve spoken about on a serious level (not stoned off special brownies) don’t speak of this
4. You think she’s hotter than me, don’t you? — Confidence is sexy. If he’s with you it’s because he WANTS to be. Don’t ruin it by saying something like this.
5. Awww it’s so cute and little — If you say this either a) run or b) you’re joking, he’s not laughing, and you’re still in your six month drought.
6. Do you want to see pictures of my cats? — Guys usually don’t want to know you treat your pet like a child. It freaks them out.
7. My baby daddy’s new girlfriend is such a stalker —…. No explanation needed.
8. I hate (insert body part here) — again, confidence is sexy. Also, Most of the time what you hate he doesn’t see so now you just look insecure.
9. Can you go buy me some Tampons? — We don’t even let our best girlfriends do this for us so please don’t humiliate him by asking this.
10. Birth Control? No! I don’t believe in that. — If you are trying to get that ‘stage five’ clinger away from you this works every time… Otherwise NEVER UTTER THESE WORDS.
We feel like these are pretty obvious but sometimes it’s easy to get ‘blinded by love’. Mystery is always good in a relationship especially the beginning.
The Ultimate Betties