Happy Friday Betties! We wanted to give you something to think about over the weekend. Have you heard about the latest trend of monthly beauty and trinket boxes? We certainly have and decided to give one a try.
- Birch Box: $10 per month. Includes shipping.
- You will receive it once a month, 5 samples come in each box.
- It’s an inexpensive way to get that fun surprise factor that we all love.
- When you sign up, they offer a quick inventory about your beauty regimen to get a better understanding of your wants and needs.
- Each month they focus on a new theme and they send you a card describing it along with each sample that you received.
There are many out there; MyGlam(Ipsy), PopSugar, etc. Next time you’re on Pinterest search monthly subscription boxes or monthly beauty boxes, and do your research, not all are beauty related. They even offer subscriptions for men. Most range from $10-50 a month. PopSugar, for example is $35 a dollars a month, yet it offers all full size items with a retail price of over $100 in every box.
It is money well spent and perfect for any Betty at anytime from date nights to the perfect accessories to add to your clutch.
The only con we can really think of is that with Birch Box, you will only be receiving samples. But again, $10 really is not much to try something new. Your account lists everything you get in your Birch Box each month, which makes it easy for one-click shopping if you decide to buy a full size version.
Here is what we got in our first monthly Birch Box:
- Juicy Couture: Viva La Juicy La Fleur Perfume – Full-Size: $25-70
- LuLu Organics: Lavender + Clary Sage Hair Powder. Dry shampoo in powder form – Full-Size: $30
- Mox Botanicals: Pomegranate & Fig Lip Butter – Full-Size: $16
- theBalm Cosmetics: Mary-Lou Manizer. Three-in-one highlighter, shadow and all-over shimmer. – Full-Size: $24 (Our favorite in this box)
- Twistband: Hair Tie. Colorful snag-free elastic that doubles as bracelets – Full-Size: Set of 6, $10
There you have it, Betties. If you have any questions about Birch Box please don’t hesitate to ask either by commenting or writing us an e-mail. Have a great weekend!
The Ultimate Betties