Hello Betties! So, it is time to come clean about something in two very short and understandable words: “fad” food. It starts out like this; when perusing the grocery store and something new crosses my path, I tend to talk myself into trying it. Sometimes it is true love it sometimes it is pure hated**. In this week’s comparison we are looking at coconut water and a new rice crispy protein snack (I know what you’re thinking, a healthy rice crispy treat? It’s not possible. But it is!) Let’s start out with the coconut water.
Everyone who is in tune with their health or is just in tune with the entertainment world, since they are the ones who market everything they like, has heard of coconut water. it has blown up in the last year or so and they’re outrageously overpriced!! With brands like Vita Coco(fresh) and Zico(concentrate) they are priced $2.49-$3.50 depending on the store.
The other day I decided to give one a try, Zico to be exact. After the first sip hit my taste buds I instantly regretted spending the $2.50 on it. But I reluctantly choked it down for two reasons; I spent the money on it, I truthfully hate wasting products of any kind and it truly is good for you. If I told you what I truly thought it tasted like, my Betty card would be revoked! None the less, here is a short list of what’s in it and how it may benefit your life;
1. It states on the bottle that if you (can and or are willing to) drink the entire bottle it has 569 mg or 16% of your daily needed amount of potassium, which is more than one whole banana.
2. It supports rapid hydration.
3. It is gluten-free and it has no added sugar, fat or cholesterol.
Now on to the delicious. This brand Promax has recently launched a new product called Fit N’ Crisp and let me tell you this made my taste buds go wild! The protein bar section at the store is a favorite of the Ultimate Betties and we are always checking for new products. Naturally when I saw the words rice crispy, I knew I had to try this. Straight from their website reads:
‘Promax® Nutrition (promaxnutrition.com) a pioneer in fitness nutrition, announces the launch of Promax® Fit ‘n Crisp™, a new line of high protein snacks inspired by rice crispy treats that will keep you fueled between meals, while juggling; work, kids, your 6am spin class, and late evening recreational soccer matches.’
1. Flavor choices include: Vanilla Marshmallow and Cinnamon Crunch and they run about $1.50 each.
2. It contains 13 grams of protein, which is amazing for something that is not your run of the mill, everyday protein bar.
3. With only 3 grams of fat and 140 calories, it really is perfect for any activity at any time of the day.
4. The best part besides that it tastes so good is that it contains NO: artificial sweeteners or colors, no high fructose corn syrup or maltitol.
So, the choice is yours Betties! Our best to whoever can tolerate the Zico and thank me later for Fit N’ Crisp bars, you’ll love ’em!
The Ultimate Betties
**Trying something new where we try new products and once a week we will take the product we loved and one we did not love so much and discuss it with our followers!